Okay, that didn’t require an exclamation point. Patti Moore Wilson of Wednesday’s Child fame nominated me and that will be my primary motive for putting a snake in her mailbox.
As I understand it, I have to first answer questions that she’s created and then come up with eleven of my own, plus a list of seven poor saps who will have to do the same thing:
First, Patti’s questions:
What three words best describe you? Introspective, esoteric and “stocky”.
In your opinion, what are the best and the worst inventions the world has seen? The SmartPhone is the worst; nothing like a train car full of people ignoring each other to talk to someone a thousand miles away. The toilet plunger is the best invention.
Do you like reality TV shows? Why or why not? If so, which ones? Most I have no use for; however, I really like The Great British Baking Show.
Can you name an accomplishment that you are particularly proud of? I tied my own shoes the other day… I wish I could remember how I did it…
Who is your oldest friend and how did you meet? My father was in the military, so we moved a lot. My oldest friend is whoever I just met and we usually met through proximity at work.
What were you really into when you were a kid? Magic and karate.
What do you think of tattoos? Do you have any? Tattoos are a sign that you have too much money and time on your hands. They belong on bikers, sailors and bearded ladies…
What do you bring with you everywhere you go? Skepticism.
If you were on a trip, what would be the worst place you could be stuck at for a whole week? A Garth Brooks concert.
What smell brings back great memories for you? Tar. Reminds me of the time my grandfather took us to see how the trains worked and to experience the roundhouse.
If you could go back in time to any decade and stay for a week, which would you choose, and why? The sixties, of course. Good music, good drugs… at the same time, good judgment was at an all time low…
Now, my questions:
- Do you have a favorite two-part question? What is it?
- Do you believe in “gaydar” and is it ethical to use it to bring down enemy planes?
- Name a place you’ve lived that you are glad not to be living at anymore.
- Of all of the great philosophers, which would you want to make you an omelet and why?
- What Beatles’ tunes do you know the words to?
- How old are you and why?
- Which of the Three Musketeers do you think was superfluous and why?
- What is the highest level of mathematics you’ve studied; and, how has it changed your life?
- Do you have a favorite beer commercial? If you answered no, explain how long you’ve been difficult to work with.
- Can you say, “Raising children has been the most satisfying part of my life” without smirking sarcastically?
- If you could be any amphibian except for a newt, which would you be? Don’t explain why because no one really wants to know why…
Now for the saps:
I’ve been enjoying Mistermuse at https://theobservationpost.wordpress.com/. And, this is how I repay him.
My first contact at WordPress was Deb Whittam: https://debbiewhittam.wordpress.com/
Robbie Yates at https://robbieyates.com/ writes children’s poems and light verse and should be stopped…
Ben at https://bensbitterblog.com always makes me smile because I know that SOMEONE’S life out there is worse than my own.
I’ve been enjoying this young lady’s work at https://chroniclesofatwistedbrain.com/.
Robyn at https://www.autismfamilypower.com/ provides information on autism and wonderful essays on raising autistic children. Come for the dry medical statistics, stay for the children’s soccer!
https://photosociology.wordpress.com/ is a photojournalist’s site and well-worth the read.
That’s it, I think… If I left anything out, I am deeply and sincerely apathetic…